If you find a dead link or that any of the information below is outdated, please send us an email so that we can remove or update this page. Please also submit any resources you feel might be useful for the next update to this page.
All links on this page lead to resources on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control and accordingly we accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via sites linked to by this page is accessible, accurate, complete or current.
FAMILY LAW RESOURCES
- Family Law NB – This is an amazing website offering general information and resources about family law in New Brunswick. It also contains a free self-guided online program for parenting after separation called the Parent Information Program.
- CanLII – This website is a free source of legal information in Canada. You can find legal cases, legislation, and case commentary. They also have some books, law journals and other resources in the commentary section. This is a powerful tool so look around!
- Justice Canada – This website produced by the Government of Canada provides a wide range of information concerning divorce and separation. It has information available on child support, spousal support, parenting, and family justice services. There are also a number of useful publications. It is a great starting point for basic information.
- My$supportCalculator.ca – This is a free online child and spousal support calculator that can assist with basic support calculations. Check out the “Must Read Docs” section for information on family law topics.
Access to Free (or low cost) Legal Advice in the Local Area
- Fredericton Legal Advice Clinic (free) – This is a non-profit organization offering free legal advice and information. For more information, search for their FaceBook Page or call (506) 476-0024.
- New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (free or possible contribution required depending on your resources)
- Family Advice Lawyers (free two hour consult with a local family law practitioner) Telephone 1.855.266.0266 to speak with an intake agent. If no one answers the telephone, leave them a message.
- New Brunswick Court of King’s Bench – This website provides information concerning court locations as well as information guides.
- New Brunswick Court of Appeal – This website provides information concerning the appeal process as well as well as written decision from the highest court in the Province.
- Supreme Court of Canada – The Supreme Court of Canada’s website provides information concerning appeals to the highest court in Canada. It also contains written decisions and a history of the Supreme Court.
WILLS AND ESTATES RESOURCES
- Probate Court of New Brunswick – This website provides information about the Probate Court of New Brunswick, including links to legislation related to probate matters.
- Public Legal Education and Information Service of New Brunswick – This is a general information site about a variety of legal topics.
- Duhaime – This is a fun website concerning information about a variety of legal topics. Are you unfamiliar with a particular legal term? Chances are that Duhaime has an entry to explain it in plain language.